COVID-19 and our Church
We are closely monitoring official updates regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) as it impacts Charity Baptist and our community. Please watch this video to learn more.
Requirements and Recommendations for COVID-19 Pandemic
Social Distancing and Minimizing Exposure
- Limiting face-to-face contact with others is the best way to reduce the spread of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Social distancing, also called “physical distancing,” means keeping space between yourself and other people outside of your home.
- Provide responsible distancing (2-3 feet) floor/seating markings in classroom.
- Remind students and staff to always stay a distance apart when they congregate.
- Limit nonessential visitors to classrooms. Parents may drop off but are encouraged not to come into the class.
- Discontinue the use of any self-service food or beverage distribution in the classroom.
- We will decrease class size if adequate responsible distancing is not possible.
- We will provide age-appropriate visual reminders to staff and students to stay a safe distance away from each other.
- Arrange tables and chairs 3 feet apart.
- Cloth face coverings are optional and only meant to protect other people in case the wearer is unknowingly infected but does not have symptoms. Face coverings are allowed by staff and student if they deem necessary. Individuals should be reminded frequently not to touch the face covering and to wash their hands.
- The virus that causes COVID-19 spreads primarily in the same way that the flu and other respiratory diseases spread, through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
- Ensure appropriate infection prevention supplies and equipment are available which may include soap, hand sanitizer, paper towels, no-touch trash cans, disinfectant wipes, and tissues.
- Teach and reinforce good hygiene measures such as handwashing for at least 20 seconds, safe and appropriate use of hand sanitizer, covering coughs and sneezes, and avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Handwashing should be done for at least 20 seconds and occur often, especially during key times such as: After using the bathroom; After changing diapers or assisting a child who has used the bathroom; After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; After touching garbage; After touching an item or surface that may be frequently touched by other people; Before touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Students and staff should cover their mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing (or use the inside of their elbow). Used tissue should be discarded in the trash, followed immediately by good handwashing.
- We have implemented a plan to ensure appropriate cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces using EPA-approved disinfectants against COVID-19.
- Limit the use of shared materials (school supplies, equipment, toys, and games) and clean between use as possible. Each child will have their own set of materials assigned to them.
- Avoid sharing electronic devices, toys, books, and other games or learning aids.
- If you suspect a student or worker has COVID-19 symptoms or know they have had obvious exposure to the virus, let the staff know immediately.
- If you or anyone in your household has been knowingly exposed to or experience symptoms of COVID-19, we ask that you stay home and notify a staff member as early as possible.